A law that will allow businesses to save about 960 million hryvnias annually was adopted in the second reading
The Parliament of Ukraine adopted a draft law 1060 in the second reading and as a whole.
The draft law “On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding Improving a Business Licensing Procedure” is aimed to regulate the licensing area allowing businesses to save about 960 million hryvnias annually. In addition, the draft law introduces a mechanism for suspending licenses along with a license renewal procedure, facilitates a procedure for obtaining licenses and improves a procedure for appealing the actions of licensing authorities.
The draft law provides for the following main changes:
- Establishing a renewal procedure for a license that has been terminated by licensing authorities;
- Introducing a procedure for appealing against a decision to terminate a license;
- Eliminating a ground to revoke a license in case of non-payment for license issuance by a licensee;
- Improving a procedure for appealing the actions of licensing authorities to the Expert and Appeal Board;
- Resolving issues regarding resubmission of a license application
- Clarifying a list of licensing information contained in the Unified State Register;
- Introducing a new sanction for licensing violations: partial or full license termination.